The Automotive Audio
System Design Seminar
This 2 day design seminar is designed to improve the design skills of new and even experienced car audio system designers. This seminar consists of 280+ slides packed with complete information about virtually all aspects of how to design an automotive audio system.
The car audio design training is divided into seven parts including six formal learning elements and one informal vehicle evaluation element. Many picture slides and lots of interative discussion keep the class lively and interesting.
When your employees have completed this course, they will be better equipped to develop effective system designs, select better valued components and help you build the better sounding vehicles your customers will love.
Audio Systems Design Seminar.
Automotive Audio Seminar
The following outline shows some of key elements covered:
Part 1. Customer Expectation and
- What do customers want?
- Is brand important?
- The Audio System Design Target
- Subjective and objective audio evaluation methods
Part 2. Loudspeaker Choice, Specification and Measurement
- Choosing speaker sizes and types
- Specifying a loudspeaker
- Relevant loudspeaker measurements
Part 3. System Installation Guidelines
- Speaker positioning and the transfer function
- Polar Patterns and Aiming
- Sealing, Covering and Enclosures
Part 4. Audio Electronics Considerations
- Amplifier Power and Clipping Management
- Loudness and Sound Processing
- Creating enveloping sound
- Avoiding "MORE" and Listening like a Pro
Part 5. Multichannel in Automobiles
- Are customer needs modified?
- Types of Multichannel
- Stereo-multichannel switching
- "Too much" center speaker
- Surrounding ambiance
Part 6. Design Choices and Tuning
- Understanding goals and constraints
- Making final choices
- Tuning equipment and methods
Part 7. Vehicle Evaluation
Following the more formal part of the course, usually on the following day, the class performs listening evaluations of employee and/or company vehicles
For this evaluation section, class participants are divided into two or three groups. They are quickly taught an abbreviated listening evaluation method, and their evaluation results are compared with that of a trained listener and with response measurement data. Some groups achieve very surprising and quite good results.
More Detail about the Seminar
A PDF with more information about the seminar can be found here: Automotive Audio Seminar.
Please contact Stroud Audio to see how we can add important skills to those of your engineering team.