Listening Room Design and Evaluation
A well-designed, reference listening room with proper loudspeakers, components and tuning will provide an enveloping and convincing illusion of a live music performance.
Let Stroud Audio help you turn your conference room or even your established listening room into a world-class listening entertainment environment. Tools we will have at our disposal include:
- Room modal analysis and spatial
- Ray tracing and reflection control
- Bass mode management
- Sound isolation techniques
- Expert sound system tuning and
SAI has performed both in-house and on-site listening experiments for professional papers.
Using state-of-art computer based software and precision interface hardware, A-B single or double-blind testing can be performed:
- Electronics processing comparisons
(e.g. "sound enhancement")
- Speaker comparison evaluations
- Surround or frequency response preference
Strict controls are put in place for all subjective testing to insure accurate, useful data.
Please explore the small grey links above for more details on these subjects.
Precision Speaker Measurement
Your loudspeaker drivers and completed speaker systems can be accurately and fully characterized. Data can include these speaker measurements:
- Frequency response, on and off axis
- Impedance vs. Frequency
- Distortion: THD, IM, three signal, etc.
- Power Compression, a measure of bass
capability at high signal levels
- Thiele-Small parameters
- Large-signal parameters (Xmax, Bl vs. X, etc.) - Power handling capability
In addition to these objective measurements, we use subjective measurements such as SAI's "chord" intermodulation distortion test.
Enclosed speakers can be measured in quasi-anechoic and in more realistic room environments.